From the other side of the world, the western coasts of Sweden to be exact comes Velour a menswear brand that presents us with a classy look for summer 2013 the line features Chinos, Light button downs & blazers with distinct detail. Look for the line to be available on their webstore.
Bodega x Vans Vault collab soon to be available. Bodega is always trying to expand its lane and with collabs like this we can see why. The collab will be apart of the “coming to America” pack featuring 3 classic vans style’s with Bodega’s unique artistry added. The shoes are in very limited quanities & will all be $110. Look for them on Bodega’s webshop.
Pharrell Williams & Mark McNairy are no strangers to fashion. So no surprise that the two would end up working with eachother on BBC’s new brand BBC black. The best way to describe of the new collab would be in the word’s of HOV “All black everything“.Look for the line to be available this fall. Also check out GQ’s exclusive interview with the two on there friendship and working together on BBC black.
Streetwear has became quite accustom to hearing Mark McNairy’s name thrown around he has been apart of some of the most successful collabs recently from his work with Pharrell on BBC, as well as working with KITH NYC’s Ronnie Fieg. Mark gives us a glimpse of his very fashion forward line to come out in 2014 summer/spring.
Back in 2004, GQ Man of the Year James Gandolfini settled in for a candid talk with Chris Heath about life, death, and a guy called T.
I ask him: Why do you think you act?
“To maybe vomit my emotions out of me,” he says, an answer both flip and serious. He smiles. “Am I making this hard for you?” he asks. And he offers a more considered reply: “I think I feel a lot. I never wanted to do business or anything. People interest me, and the way things affect them. And I also have a big healthy affinity for the middle class and the blue-collar, and I don’t like the way they’re treated, and I don’t like the way the government is treating them now. I have a good healthy dose of anger about all of that. And I think that if I kept it in, it wouldn’t have been very good. I would have been fired a lot. So I found this silly way of living that allows me to occasionally stand up for them a little bit. And mostly make some good money and act like a silly fool.”
- 1 / B-side Quilted Tote Bag - It was actually a jacket. I deconstructed into a massive tote bag as I liked the fabric. Its got zips and pockets all over.
- 2 / Super Sunglasses - Love the understated but classic silhouettes.
- 3 / Do the Right Thing Notebook - It was one of my favourite movies back in the day. I’ve always been a big Spike Lee fan. I love the rawness of the typography.
- 4 / "Start It Up" - I ‘ve always liked to research new business and ideas while travelling. I like to learn from other entrepreneurs. This was given to me by a friend who runs a record label.
- 5 / Louis Vuitton Wallet
- 6 / Louis Vuitton Folder - I had both for the last 10 years. The older they get the better they look.
- 7 / Chain - Bought one of the skulls in India. I fell in love with the intricate detail. The ring was too big so, I just decided to put it in a chain.
- 8 / Tape Measure - My tools for my craft.
- 9 / Small Scissors - My tools for my craft.
- 10 / Woven PhoneCase - Very soft woven leather. Bought it in a market on a trip to Bali. All handmade.
- 11 / Leather Cardholder - Fits in nearly all my pockets. Keeps all my cards in check.
- 12 / B-side Boogie Bag - Miniature Backpack, goes on the side of my belt, so I don’t lose my keys.
- 13 / Mad Love Key Ring - Bought it in India. A guy on the street had a cutting machine and it took him 5 minutes to make it.
- 14 / B-side Wool Fluorescent Scarf - This is the brightest item in my wardrobe. It’s really soft and always becomes the main feature of any outfit.
- 15 / Minolta Camera Minolta Camera - I like my Minolta 35mm. Like taking pictures of things that inspire me.(my travelling partner)
- Daily essentials for Wale Adeyemi the creative director for New Era.
Staple honors the work ethic and basic skills, maneuvers and fundamentals that are the secret to success with its “Spring Training” collection for 2013. Staples artistry presents these ideals to us with a mixture of button downs, tee’s, intricate designed shorts, snap-backs & 5-pannels.
Grind London presents there new spring/summer collection. The London brand hasn’t got any mainstream hype but continues to impress those who are watching with unique & trendy designs. The drop features button downs with a “Hawaiian” print with shirts that add to the tropical beach feel. Look to get yours on the Hypebeast webstore.
Odd Future’s own Taco steps out as a model yet again. This time for Undefeated. Any fan of the UNDFTD brand name can tell you they rarely disappoint this line is no different. UNDFTD is known for being inspired by the sporting world as well as the militarily & LA. The new summer line features oxfords, polos, and graphic tees even coaches jacket, a variety of caps, and a range of fleece crew necks and hoodie. NO let down for the undefeated fans. The line is set to drop THIS Friday June 7th in the LA store & online.